Thursday, October 23, 2008

San Diego, Pier 32-October 23, 2008



We wonder what we do everyday, the day is over before we know it. Since our last update we have spent time in Cat Harbor, Avalon, Oceanside, and currently at San Diego Harbor. I think we finally feel like we are under control and ready to leave the country.
Wally has spent time repairing the ignition switch and the macerator switches. In addition, he continuously finds things to improve on the boat. I call him brilliant to know so much. I have become the surgical assistant in these projects.
Monday we attended an all day seminar on Sailmail. This is a system we will be able to do email through the SSB radio in addition to obtain weather reports. Our friends from Ventura, Jim and Lucy, joined us for the day.
We continue to meet wonderful new people who are heading south. We had a party on our boat last night and it was like we had all known each other for a long time.
David, my son, and Alli his girlfriend will join us today for final preparations for the Baja Ha-Ha.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Hello,
Wally at least you have had lot's of practice on our boat with bathroom problems! Ha!Ha! Do you need Tom's help? Have a great sail.

Leslie

Glenn said...

Hi Linda and Wally:

Love your blog, and it's going to be so fun to follow you. I'm back 'in port' and sorry my adventure is over, so I'm thinking about the next one! I'm sure hoping we'll get to see you in Puerto Vallarta!! Hi to David and Alli. Love, -- Glenn